- Next Frostbite takes place on 10th December at March. Juniors 9:45 and seniors at 10:30. This is a club champs’ race. We are using this instead of the 5th race in February.
- Christmas is coming……. What’s on:
- Thursday 14/12 – MINCE PIE NIGHT – Bring a small donation of food for the buffet, which we eat after we’ve run over a catch up with optional for a drink at the Blue Boar pub afterwards. Note: No raffle again this year, but cash donations can be made to our charity of the year in lieu of Christmas cards if you wish.
- Thurs 21st Dec – 7pm: CHRISTMAS LIGHTS RUN For our last club night of the year, a social run together to find as many decorated houses as possible around the village. On the way we will gather around the ECR Christmas Tree at the church for a group photo.
- Thurs 28th Dec – 9:30am: ECR CLUB RUN. Meet at the club on Lindisfarne Road, Eye. Groups and paces decided on the day. Optional Blue Diamond cafe afterwards.
- Club reopens on Tues 2nd Jan 2024 – 7pm at Candy Street and Thurs 4th Jan – 7pm in Eye
- Werrington Joggers are holding the annual Boxing Day run starting from Kings Cliffe VH at 9:30. Refreshments afterwards and donations welcome to the WJ charity.
- Yaxley’s post-Christmas invite run takes place on Sunday 31st December starting at 10am from Folksworth VH. Distances from 5 miles to the full 15! Refreshments afterwards and donations to the Yaxley charity (East Anglian Air Ambulance) welcome.
ECR members ran at 7 different parkrun events: – Portsmouth Lakeside. Wollaton Hall. Corby. Moors Valley. Thornham Walks. Rutland Water. Manor Field. Snowden Field. Huntingdon. Ferry Meadows.
Special mention to the following; Sam Cullen – 2nd lady – Ferry Meadows, Amanda Walls – PB – 41:01 – Huntingdon, Pete Jeffrey – 150th parkrun, Lorna Young – 250th volunteer occasion.
Bauble Bimble – 5.3k loops Ferry Meadows : 03/12/23 – 4 loops (21.2k – Half Marathon) Georgina Ruggiero-Timbers 01:54:48 (2nd pos 1st female), Victoria Bolderson 02:54:53; 6 loops (31.8k) Karl Bates 04:54:44; 7 loops (37.1k) Charlotte Bates 05:48:12; 9 loops (47.7k – Ultra) Jade Vickers 06:29:17